homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:15:41 -0800

Now, Bill, we were getting along so nice. If I had just dismissed his discussions, that would be one thing. However, I am VERY familiar with the method he is using. He even makes a point of using "trigger" words the advised number of times WITH whatever is a current trigger to a large segment of his audience.

Example would be that his target audience has always been what would be described as liberals. What better way to get to the liberals "now" than to throw in references to the religious right.

Besides, I'm not a great believer in coincidence. He hits every single point as advised in Delphi Technique and Alinsky Method training seminars.

However, I didn't find any "clever arguments." I found a rambling that grazes the top of points but has no details that could really be called arguments for his latest ramblings. Actually, it sounds more like a desperate attempt at an attention grab. The old stand-by of "I'll say something terribly outrageous and people will pay attention to me again."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>