homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stewart Brand--provocative thoughts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 21:40:00 -0800

What you are thinking of is what Rand originally developed. It has been taken beyond that. Here's a couple of links on the new and improved DT and the extension of it that is used in education, Alinsky Method:

http://www.eagleforum.org/educate/1998/nov98/focus.html

http://www.learn-usa.com/transformation_process/acf001.htm

And for those that don't want to be Delphi'd,
http://www.premier1.net/~barkonwd/school/DELPHI.HTM

And, if you really want to figure out what is going on, look into "Sensitivity Training." Another one used to control group behavior and not quite as "nice" and Delphi and Alinsky!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

I guess I need to become updated. My foggy mem is that the Technique
was used to average out deep thinkers' forecasts of dire predictions,
used to decide how seriously our military should react.