homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicory As Sheep Wormer

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicory As Sheep Wormer
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:27:54 -0500

I've tried growing chicory a couple of times...can't seem to get it to grow..any suggestions?

Gloria Morris wrote:
Interesting. Previously I had not heard of chicory in terms of worm
control. I have used an herbal wormer over the years with great
success with my sheep (it is actually for goats, but worked very well
for my sheep). I intend to use it with my dairy goat also.

I planted chicory on the farm I used to have. It is very high in
protein and is very palatable to livestock. I intend to try to get it
established on my new place also.

Gloria