homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:24:54 -0800

The sheep weren't in stalls. They had an open shed row type affair and a feed bin type affair that we dumped the hay down into. We've had other barns that we converted from cattle barns and sections off with the equivalent of the old-time tie stalls (but we didn't tie them in ) and used the same method.

As to getting it in the barn, we used the same conveyer belt type thingy we used in the field to get the hay up on the trucks. You run it up on a flat bed and park it next to the truck/trailer with the hay and up it goes.

Lynda