homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:48:56 -0600

As to dropping flakes of hay from a loft to horses below, that works
fine if you confine the horses to stalls. Of course, getting the hay
UP into the loft requires much greater effort than stacking it at
ground level.

That is why conveyors were invented. I don't have a loft, so my hay
guy stacks it in the fornt of the barn. Stacking on the floor works
fine, but it takes up a great deal of floor space. That's not a
problem for me as my goat herd is much reduced.

Marie