homestead - [Homestead] Never enough of us to go around ~

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Never enough of us to go around ~
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:16:19 -0500

Hey Bev,
Sorry to hear the poochie isn't THE right one for you now - good
trying! Hope he becomes someone else's darling soon.
I do not EVER get it all done and never is the end in sight! Also, i
do not have any livestock, barn, or fencing to take up alot of time!
Just 3 friend wogs, and 5 great cats. My teens are fledging the nest,
which also means waaay less help. Mine were good about some planting,
canning, processing, and filling in for my indoor domestic lack during
planting and harvest times. I'll remember these past yrs. with their
help very fondly - great daughters! There is never enough of us to go
around to the tasks at hand, so i vowed to teach my homesteading side
more about detachment, and not let it get me down. Now, my eldest/main
garden helper is a freshman away at Berea college, working on THEIR farm!
I hope they know a good worker when they see one!

DH's employer laid all of the remaining 5 people where he works
effective last week. I predict with all this warm weather that some of
those HoneyDo's jusy may get done in the next weeks ;-) It's a good time
of year to get stuck in more at home- over the river and thru the woods!
It's time to revamp the basement in time for sowing seed in a month!

Not going to ever worry about being bored,
Toni

  • [Homestead] Never enough of us to go around ~, tonitime, 12/20/2006