homestead - Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Aging lists and listmates?!
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 23:43:26 -0600

On 12/19/06, rayzentz AT aim.com <rayzentz AT aim.com> wrote:
My ignorance is showing here... who is Saint Monica (I thought of Lewinsky,
but don't know if that's where you are going with this...)

Don't feel bad, Ray. You're ahead of me. I first -- am I pure as the
driven snow, or what? -- thought of St. Augustine's mother, and then I
finally realized that it was a reference to Ms. Lewinsky getting down
on her knees to..... well, you know... so she's the saint of knee
problems.

The original St. Monica had enough problems without this. Imagine
being the mother of someone who was a wastrel and then became a Father
of the Church. He must have been insufferable all the way till the
end.

Marie