homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tone

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tone
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 18:14:16 -0600

Bev, I enjoy your posts. They inspire me. I'm just launching into my own new
homestead, and I'm hoping to make it the homestead of my dreams. I don't
close on the place until January 2d (what a way to start out the new year,
huh?), but I'm already building an electric fence for my horse and a couple
of goats. The people I'm buying from are a great family, and I only wish
they were going to be neighbors instead of moving away. I've got plans for a
chicken coop. I've met many of the neighbors - all are so friendly so far!
One kid came up and introduced himself formally and extended his hand for a
shake -- I don't think he is older than 9 -- it was so cute -- and I said to
myself I could maybe train him for critter care when I must travel. And it
is so nice, being in a place once again where I hear roosters crowing, and
they aren't mine! It has been a long time since I've been anything but one
of those "homestead holdouts." My son was helping me build the fence
yesterday, as folks waved from their trucks as they drove by, and he said
I'd found a place where I'll be surrounded by folks of like mind. Anyhow,
though you and I might disagree on politics, I am inspired by your posts on
homesteading related topics. I've been going to sleep each night with
visions of gardening and planting more fruit trees and having a good,
peaceful life.

So, go help your folks move. But don't feel that you don't fit in.

Gloria