homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tone

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tone
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:20:33 -0600

On 12/15/06, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

It might be that part of what seems like a diminishing of this list is really
its stasis and the growth of other things one unconsciously compares it to.

Hmmm, it's interesting to hear from the old timers -- well, the
long-time list members who may actually be in their primes (I know I'm
not far beyond mine, and I get the senior citizen discount in a number
of establishments).

I've been on the list a while -- at least 4 or 5 years.

I'll say this about that: Bev's return has revitalized the list. In
fact, after she'd been back on a few months I encouraged a former
lister to sign up again.

After I read Gene's post, I looked back at the Insurance thread, and
it seemed fairly civilized and good-humored, especially compared to
some threads in the past that became truly vile. I enjoy the
unmonitored freedom of this list -- though at times it seems to have
driven off the faint hearted -- and I appreciate the depth of
knowledge and disparity of views. There will never be another Tvo, but
we all have our areas of expertise, and so long as we refrain from
preaching we do fairly well.

Marie