homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 23:49:28 -0600

On 12/10/06, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:

After all this, what role does genetics play? Not much room left to cause
much mayhem.

Thus speaks an individual who has not felt the hand of God, in a
manner of speaking, on his neck, so to speak. With any luck at all,
God wiil pass you by. I've found that most of my friends improve after
a certain amount of affliction. We humans really, really don't believe
in stuff until it slaps us in the face.

But more to the point, as someone pointed out earlier, our choice (generally,
overall) in transportation has its consequences. As a whole we think it is
so neat to zip around in ton and a half vehicles at fatal speeds that some of
us ARE going to be killed.

Huh! You don't drive around?

.... A family that chooses to shuffle
it's children ot school, to scocer, scouts, ballet, tiddly wink lessons,
church six times a week, and then go out to eat every other meal is greatly
increasing their odds of a fatal auto wreck. Someone who is content to stay at
home > (or homestead) and go into town once or twice a month greatly reduces
their odds of a fatal wreck. Ya pays your money, ya takes your chances.

You can still get run down on that weekly run. This argument is....
just.....silly.

My take is this: If you spent your life's energy providing yourself a
physically vigorous lifestyle, good diet, peaceable envirnonment, and avoided
bitheringly stupid life choices like smoking .... you would have better odds
of
avoiding disease than having access to modern medicine has odds of curing
those
diseases. If anyone has evidence to dispute that, I'd be interested.

My mother has her blown knee and autoimmune disease. Don't tell me she
should have lived a better life. She did that -- good diet, plenty of
exercise, no vices.

Let me know what she should have done.

Marie