homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:33:43 -0600

On 12/11/06, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com> wrote:
But what I find unfathomable is the hot and quick defense of the role of
genetics in something like ovarian cancer and yet an activity that increases
the
odds of contracting and dying from the disease by 50% is dismissed lightly
rather than an abstenance from it being championed.

I've known a few people who've had ovarian cancer. I understand that
being fat, not eating vegetables, and smoking raise your odds of
getting the disease, but these women were slim, in fairly good shape,
and had never smoked. I don't know about their vegetable consumption.
The one who was in very good shape is still alive, twenty years after
diagnosis (she was 40 when the cancer was found).

Marie