homestead - Re: [Homestead] Insurance

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Insurance
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 20:04:25 -0600

On 12/10/06, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

I don't know the extent of a connection or not, but it seems right to
me to avoid potentially negative genetic predispositions. Over his
adult life my father had four hernia operations. As I have the same
musculature design, I resolved to avoid such a condition. So I have
for decades done stomach strengthening exercises, no big thing, just
simple stuff. I have also been careful about stretching and pulling
when off balance. I have never had a hernia.

That's what a prudent person ought to do, though many of the feckless
do not. I've found, however, that it's the stuff I hadn't thought
about that jumps out to bite me. You can never cover all your bases.

Marie