homestead - Re: [Homestead] Shoulder pads

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Shoulder pads
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 12:55:55 -0800

Ah gee, Gene, I knew that one but didn't think anyone would have any left from then <g> However, if they do, they are probably better made and would make a better pad than the polyester stuffed things that came out when the ladies from Dallas were popular.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

The shoulder pads during the Dallas/Linda Evans days were HUGE and
women "in style" had . . . .

The Linda Evans' look was predated by the Lauren Bacall look.
Shoulder pads in women's clothing was inspired by military uniforms
in the 1940s. Why women choose to look more manly is beyond my depth.

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.