homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schools

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schools
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 16:37:42 -0600

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote
I was there in the trenches in the thick of it. As I've pointed out, it was odd that something over 90% of the children who were "dyslexic" (or any of the subsequent alphabet soup maladies) were from single parent homes, parents having marital trouble, children being raised by someone other than their parents, or parents who had farmed out their children to day care since they were six months old. The number of children who were "dyslexic" from a family where one parent stayed at home was less than 2%. Why would that be so if it were and organic problem?
Because they are hard to live with. Because it runs in families and the parent has it too and therefore has lower abilities too. Because those families are perceived to be deficient so their children are screened more.
But that doesn't stop me from agreeing it is a strategy system not a disorder.

Kathyann