homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease
  • Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 11:42:02 -0700

I wonder though how vigilent we have to be to make sure that it doesn't
become a real problem.

Perfection, like security, is a human fantasy. Mad cow disease has a fear-inducing reaction, so politicians, researchers and meat producers will all position to amplify or diminish the issue. Like life itself, fear and comfort find balance. Cancers of breast and prostate kill many but lots of fear-equals-attention has not stopped them.