homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let them garden!

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let them garden!
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 15:00:51 -0600

Gene GeRue wrote:
You don't need an agricultural background to cook a potato though you
do need either the gas or electricity turned on so the stove will
work.

Other ways to cook a potato include solar box cooker and metal can sitting on an engine manifold.
I've done demos on both at food pantry. Provided many laughs (and hopefully some planted knowledge at a future time.)
Now I need to learn Spanish to converse with the only ones expressing interest.
Kathyann