homestead - Re: [Homestead] Let them garden!

  • From: VAN DELL JORDAN <vdjor AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Let them garden!
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 10:55:24 -0800 (PST)

> Do you really think that people who have nothing
> else to eat in the
> house would refuse to cook a potato?

I think there a are lot of people who would never
think of just going to the store and buying potatos or
beans and living on that. Guess it is part of the
"out of the box" thinking even if suggested to them I
think vary few people would see that as a possibility.

> Of course, anyone who's really hungry can find
> plenty to eat by going
> through the dumpster at a fast food, or actually
> any, restaurant.

I had one period of hunger in my life, other people
could see that I wasn't getting enough to eat. I
could have gotten help but decided that I would get
myself out of the mess I'd gotten myself into.
I had no cooking facilities to just make a pot of
beans. It never occurred to me to check dumpsters but
I can assure you if I experianced that again I would
not hesitate to.

Van Dell