homestead - Re: [Homestead] Goats and Hay

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Goats and Hay
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:33:31 -0400

I would think it would be helpful, although not absolutely necessary.
It really all depends on the other animals in the herd and what you
think it best. It's a judgment call, Rob.
Be careful when petting those bucks...I never pet mine on the
head...bucks, like rams, can change dispositions in a flash of hormones
and you don't want a buck coming at you head first for a "scratch". :)

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:

These two are the largest sisters from a triplet birth. My Boer goats
are suprisingly friendly. Not pets, the buck likes me to brush him when I do the LDG. The girls don't let me handle them much, but eat from a bucket.

Do I have to remove them from the herd to do as you suggested? There is definately a herd mentality there.

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky