homestead - Re: [Homestead] L o v i n ' Y o u r R a n c h e t t e

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] L o v i n ' Y o u r R a n c h e t t e
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:28:19 -0700

Why buy gypsum? Find a local contractor that is doing remodeling and ask if you can do some clean-up of sheet rock. A little rain and the paper peels off and you can scatter the gypsum around.

We used it under the rabbit pens, angling it down from front to back and it served triple duty (keep the urine and pellets down to an easy to gather space, kept the smell down to zero and then became part of the compost when we changed them out).

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Jones" <billj AT harborside.com>

Now if I could only find cheap bags of gypsum!

Bill
S. Oregon coast