homestead - Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] AHIPA: Exploring the Potential of a Sustainable Crop as a Food Source
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:05:41 -0500

On 9/8/06, Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com> wrote:
<<People who can't keep
dairy animals or use dairy products, for whatever reason, should eat two
servings of deep-green leafy vegetables each day. I'm sure if you
consult the nutrition tables, you'll see there's no other natural way to
get enough calcium. >>

Millions of Chinese have been getting enough calcium for thousands of
years. That may change now that they're eating more meat, but if you
keep your protein intake down to maintenance levels, you don't need
nearly so much calcium. I'd recommend looking at the traditional
Chinese diet.

Marie