homestead - Re: [Homestead] question by ignorant rube

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] question by ignorant rube
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 17:29:33 -0400

Orem Utah is where I now reside. Mountain valleys. We have been picking
some, and some of the ones we pick aren't ready, and some are. Look ripe,
but solid and bland. softer ones are great. So, I have been checking by
feel. those that give slightly when gently squeezed, we pick. I was just
wondering if there was a better way. Do they ripen off the tree, if we pick
them early?

Ray