homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moles....was Milky spore

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moles....was Milky spore
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:24:56 -0400

Of course, Gene, the moles are Heartwood might be different... <g>
You could always catch one of the little blind suckers and cut him open
to find out what he's been eating....lol...

There's info on moles all over the web...I just pulled this one up...
It first says they are insectivores, then says they primarily eat
earthworms..I guess it depends on the type of mole? It does say that
their diet will change with available food sources.

http://ohioline.osu.edu/w-fact/0011.html

Bev

SISU! wrote:

I think 90% of what they eat are grubs and earthworms.. Milky spore
doesn't affect earthworms...

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote: If I could know that our moles

feed mostly on insect larvae I would try the Milky Spore method of control.

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W