homestead - [Homestead] quercetin for allergy, antioxidants and tumors

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] quercetin for allergy, antioxidants and tumors
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:09:45 -0400

For whatever reason, I am suffering from allergies today-I suppose
something has been releasing pollen since we finally got a little rain
in the past few days. Anyway, I was reading about nutrition and
allergies and found an article about quercetin, the flavonoid found in
apples, onions, and other foods. It gives new meaning to the old "an
apple a day" thing. I looked up quercetin online, and in addition to
the many encapsulated supplements you can buy (yuk), I found the
wikipedia page on quercetin:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercetin
I thought I would pass it on since it lists foods high in quercetin that
might be helpful for those, like me, suffering from seasonal allergies.
I'd prefer eating an apple or other healthy foods to taking supplements.

Bev
--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W

  • [Homestead] quercetin for allergy, antioxidants and tumors, SISU!, 07/24/2006