homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol

  • From: sjc <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:39:09 -0400

A couple of favorites:

Freshly made cottage cheese with freshly ground pepper and lotsa chopped fresh tomatoes and onions, deee-lish, as one of my kids used to say...

and, in a few months from now: take a thick slab of warm ww bread, butter it, add a goodly layer of nice fresh cottage cheese, slather the top with apple butter.......traditional for us between the cooking-down of the applebutter (group activity outside with huge iron kettle over open fire) and the canning-up thereof...........

Not traditional gourmet food, but rates high in our book.

Susan Jane, indoors hiding from the heat'n'mugg in Maine