homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fwd: Re: Frankenfoods of the home grown variety..lol
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 20:41:53 -0500

On 7/17/06, Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote:
Oh, double eeeeuuuuu! My mother did that disgusting layered thing with
lemon, lime and cottage cheese. Yuck, yuck, and triple yuck! <g>

I've got a recipe for one that has lime Jell-0, cottage cheese, and
horseradish (quite a large amount). It sounds ghastly, but it's
wonderful with ham. It's even better with gelatin and real lime juice.

I served it once at a food thrash attended by a friend who had just
moved back to the Chicago 'burbs after about 6 years in Switzerland
(where they at a starred restaurant once or twice a week). She made
the euuuuu noise -- which was fine. More for the rest of us. I made an
8 x 12 pan of it, and the pan was all but licked clean.

Marie