homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tolkien

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tolkien
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:22:16 -0400

Bevanron wrote:

Sure was a lot of violence in the movie version. You are creating your own Shire, far better than merely fantasizing.

Is this not the way of the present world we live in-violence, wars
everywhere, destruction of all that was good and simple? Tolkien
abhored the violence he witnessed during WWII. While I am creating my
own Shire, Tolkien looked around and saw commercialization and
development ruining the land of his birth. He just took another route
to create his vision.

Also, his stories emphasize the idea that one person CAN make a difference in the world.

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W