homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tolkein ...Homemade tinctures

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tolkein ...Homemade tinctures
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:08:30 -0400

To any concerned, if at all.

I have read all of Tolkiens works over the years, and enjoyed them.
However, his writing style is archaic, and he can take pages describing the
leaves on a tree (slight exaggeration, but not much). His characters tend
to be paper cutouts. Still, he began a genre that gets better and better.
For a really good epic fantasy read, I recommend David Eddings, particularly
the Belgariad series, or the Rose of The Prophet series. Wonderful
characters, and fantasy at its best. Curl up in front of a fire, and
prepare to enter a new world...

Ray