homestead - Re: [Homestead] Old homestead friends

  • From: Bevanron <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Old homestead friends
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 13:24:15 -0400

You know, it is really is unique, this medium. For over ten years now,
a lot of us have corresponded in this forum and it really does feel like
family. Some family you are closer to, because you know them well, and
some are more distant. Some drive you nuts, and some can make you cry
by knowing where your buttons are. You share good and bad times. I
know a lot of folks say it isn't *real* because most people have never
met in person, but of the people I personally have met, Tammy, Gene,
Grandad(whatever happened to him?), Linda, Kay, Lee, and a few others,
they are quite real!
I don't think I have met anyone I did not like and immediately click
with....it's a bit strange at first, because you get impressions of
people that aren't necessarily right, but after 5 minutes, you realize
that it is the same person you *knew* before and it really does feel
like you have known them all your life. I'll never forget the times I
had with everyone, and I look forward to one day meeting more people in
person. Some folks, like you and Drew, really aren't that far away. We
really should try to get together one day. While we all might not agree
on everything, we do seem to share a base philosophy that glues us
together as a community. That's a rare thing in this day and time, and
quite possibly, it is more real than an actual family. I think I
originally found this list through Rob (Becida Rob or as he will always
be to me, Minnesota Rob). I have known him for so long that he almost
feels like a brother to me (sorry to get mushy on you there, bro), but I
have never met him. I'm sure it will be awkward for 3 to 5 minutes or
so once it actually happens, but I really look forward to that day.

Bev, baking squash breads, brownies and casseroles today..decided not to
go to that Braves game but instead will make goodies and get all the
squash out of the frig...

clhw wrote:

Lynn who is relieved after taking a small text translation exam this
morning and now will wait about 2 weeks for the results