homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: rayzentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:55:48 -0500

You stated: This in and of
itself is a violation of the 4th amendment. This is akin to police randomly
coming to your home, poking around inside, and figuring out if you have any
Islamist Arabs hanging out inside.

Reply:
Oh for crying out loud, it is not. I am always free to make or answer my
phone calls. Having dealt with an identity theft situation, AND having sold
cell phones in a former life, I have always been aware that people could
listen in. Anyone can, with the proper equipment. With new phones, Big
Brother also knows exactly where you are. Comparing entering my house with
listening in on a conversation is utter hogwash, and totally ridiculous.
You may not like it, but please use cogent arguments, not knee jerk emotional
reactions.

Ray