homestead - Re: [Homestead] A point of view

  • From: Magnus <stinkfart AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A point of view
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:04:47 -0500

On 1/26/06, rayzentz AT aol.com <rayzentz AT aol.com> wrote:

> Reply:
> Oh for crying out loud, it is not. I am always free to make or answer my
> phone calls. Having dealt with an identity theft situation, AND having sold
> cell phones in a former life, I have always been aware that people could
> listen in. Anyone can, with the proper equipment. With new phones, Big
> Brother also knows exactly where you are. Comparing entering my house with
> listening in on a conversation is utter hogwash, and totally ridiculous.
> You may not like it, but please use cogent arguments, not knee jerk
> emotional reactions.

Anyone can, with far less sophisticated tools, illegally enter your house.
That doesn't justify it.

I am quite familiar with cell phone location. I worked for awhile for one
of the key patent holders on the technology and built many of the systems
that locate cell phone users for some of the major carriers.

But if my arguments are emotional non-cogent knee jerk ractions, why is it
that you are saying things like "for crying out loud" and trying to dismiss
my argument with terms like "hogwash" instead of using the Constitution
itself as a yardstick? I've set a higher standard than that. If you can't
keep up, I'll understand.