homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:07:54 -0600

Just for
snicks and grins, I think I'll see what's in the well water this spring, but
I'm not sure what I'll do if it's loaded with pesticides.

There are good filters that will remove such things. At Heartwood we drink the bacteria-too-numerous-to-count stream water purified only by a ceramic filter.

Marie, in beautiful Menard County where yesterday's nearly 60 degree (F)
weather has deteriorated into an ice storm and stepping off the front porch
(with it's 1/2 inch of ice) could be a mortal experience

Gene, in dry Maricopa County for the winter, where it will again be sunny and in the seventies today. Might be cloudy tomorrow. Sunny and warm almost every day.