homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 09:28:09 -0600

One of the tidbits I get from your posts is that it doesn't take many
seasons to select for adapted seeds. This is hopeful, one of the more
hopeful things I've heard lately.

I have no scientific basis for saying this, but my observation is that plants evolve far faster than animals. Plants are superior survivors and adapt quickly to new conditions, including your garden, no matter that it has substantially different conditions than where the mother plants grew.