homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:49:44 -0600

> Has anyone found a new seed source they especially like?

http://www.rareseeds.com/

Very generous amounts, much more than stated.

Thanks for that perspective. My new garlic came from there and I will now order more seeds. The kid--Jere Gettle; he was a teen when he started Baker Seeds--is famous among gardeners in the area around Heartwood because of his youth, energy and national media attention. He seems destined for gardening greatness if he doesn't meet a girl who sidetracks him. Not sure he has time for girls. I will try to go to his spring festival and check the operation. Baker Seeds is located only about an hour north of Heartwood, in Mansfield, Missouri, also the home and museum of Laura Ingalls Wilder.