homestead - Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Seed catalogs
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:06:13 -0600

<<I've propogated from those Martha Stewart seeds from KMart and my best
line
of tomatoes are from San Marzano seeds I originally got at WalMart for 10
cents.>>

Is Martha mostly selling OP seeds?

Another question: When you use beans from the supermarket for seed what's
the germination rate?

One of the tidbits I get from your posts is that it doesn't take many
seasons to select for adapted seeds. This is hopeful, one of the more
hopeful things I've heard lately.

Marie