homestead - Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The GOP on government spending: Borrow 'til the Chinese own us!
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:01:28 -0700

I think I may have quoted too much, so I'll send it again:

Not at all.

The largest portion of that is the federal income tax, and the largest
increase in the federal budget relative to GNP happened in the
mid-sixties, as any suitable graph will indicate. The wasteful programs
created then are still with us now, largely, and the people to blame for
that are the cowards who are constantly more concerned about their
re-election than about doing what's right.

Rob wrote:

You're lumping all the taxes together and blaming LBJ for them? That's what I figured. To me it looks like a way to blame "the other political party" for the way things are now. <Sigh>, no surprise there, not even sure why I bothered to ask...

Rob in WA, with 8.1 sales tax, a gas tax, but no state income tax.