homestead - [Homestead] Bush residence, Common Ground Fair

  • From: sjc <indexer AT localnet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Bush residence, Common Ground Fair
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:20:46 -0400

At 09:51 AM 9/10/05, you wrote:
I really haven't paid any attention to it but I thought the senior Bushes
lived in Maine............

They have a summer place near Kennebunkport, which is built on the ocean---and which was substantially repaired by good ol' federal flood insurance (a couple of million $$ in damage) the last time it was damaged by a hurricane; can't remember just when it was but maybe 10-12 years ago---same year Common Ground fairgrounds got torn to shreds, I remember that. Important stuff first....

They, and Martha Stewart, are folks most of us would just as soon would go be associated with someplace else......

Aside on Martha Stewart: I was looking for a heat-resistant spatula one day several years ago in a fancy kitchen-goods store. I saw someone sort of floating around the store with a gaggle of folks around her but we see that in the summer and I really didn't much more than register it. Suddenly she swooshes up to me and says "I'm Martha Stewart" ......and whatever else it was she said behind it. I was busy thinking, geez, Martha, Martha: do I know a Martha? She's standing there waiting for me to answer whatever and finally I just asked "Do I know you? I'm drawing a blank." Well, suffice it to say that's not the way to impress Martha Stewart. Apparently she doesn't run into many folks who don't have a clue.........

And on Common Ground Fair: it's coming up the 23rd-25th of the month. Generally worth the trip. www.mofga.org; I've no connection except as a volunteer and enjoy-er.......

Susan Jane, in Maine