homestead - Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 21:38:01 -0700

At 9/9/2005 09:22 PM, you wrote:
<<Ok, let's say 1/2 that 62 BILLION is out aside. What happens if we
divide the remaining 31 billion dollars by the 2 million people who
need help? That comes to $15,500 PER PERSON!>>

<<I suspect either the numbers are bad or someone is making a HUGE
profit off the tax payers. HUGE profit!>>

And would that surprise you?

What surprises me the amount of money "spent" this early into the game with so little to show for it. Bottled water, MRE's, rescues by people/machinery already on the payroll and they filled a hole with sandbags (maybe they used moneybags?).

What frightens me is the amount of money will have to be spent in the future when they start to do the expensive stuff.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net