homestead - Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:06:03 -0700

Silly, that is just the tab for the stupid fly-overs and the phoney photo-op where they did a stage that they broke down after the photo-op!

Oh and the cost of Barbara to come to the Astrodome ""Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the
people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so
this, this is working very well for them," Mrs. Bush told American
Public Media's "Marketplace" program, before returning to her
multi-million dollar Houston home.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

Ok, let's say 1/2 that 62 BILLION is out aside. What happens if we
divide the remaining 31 billion dollars by the 2 million people who
need help? That comes to $15,500 PER PERSON!
(Would someone check the math, these big numbers use a lot of zeros
and it would be easy to mess it up. I went dollars/person.)
Now if someone gave us $15,500 PER PERSON in our household we could
walk out of the Astrodome or what ever place they were holding us and
start over most anywhere in this country.
We showed up here in Washington on the 24th of Aug 2003 with far less
than that in our pockets.

I suspect either the numbers are bad or someone is making a HUGE
profit off the tax payers. HUGE profit!

Rob

becida AT comcast.net
Western Washington State, USA