homestead - Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The cost of the hurricane so far
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 23:22:51 -0500

<<Ok, let's say 1/2 that 62 BILLION is out aside. What happens if we
divide the remaining 31 billion dollars by the 2 million people who
need help? That comes to $15,500 PER PERSON!>>

The whole area that was flooded is one big toxic waste dump. It would have
been a whole lot cheaper to figure out how to make the levees stronger and
higher (as the Dutch have mostly managed to do). I imagine that lots of
remains of the flood will have to be carted away and burned because they are
so seriously toxic.

I am NOT a conspiracy theorist, but it's occurred to me that the
administration looked at the situation and decided a whole lot of people who
would vote Democratic were highly expendable. And it was an act of God. Oh,
durn.

I don't think this lot that is putatively running the country is smart
enough to figure that out... though they must have a couple of people with
working brains.

<<I suspect either the numbers are bad or someone is making a HUGE
profit off the tax payers. HUGE profit!>>

And would that surprise you?

Marie
Central Illinois, in the heart of drought country