homestead - RE: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] THE BODY-COUNT
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 20:47:45 -0500

<<Actually, they did nail him, he was impeached and only through some fancy

rule rule bending did he get to stay in office.>>

He was impeached, but that was a highly political undertaking. The Senate
did not vote to remove him from office -- I don't know that any fancy rule
bending was involved. The Senate just didn't have the votes. The Starr
investigation, which could have brought criminal charges if it had found any
evidence, closed down empty handed. Oh, and BTW, Clinton's poll numbers
after the impeachment were better than Junior's are today.

<<If we allow the politicians to get away with it and keep them in office ,
then this problem will never go away.>>

Looks like the present group of merry pranksters are getting away with lots,
but that's another story.

Marie