homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so.

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:54:41 -0700

At 09:00 AM 1/10/05 -0500, you wrote:

>The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so---because El Estupido
>hasn't got enough boots on the ground, or eyes in the sky.---not in
>Baghdad, not in the Sunni Triangle, and not along the Syrian, Iranian or
>any other Iraqi border---an open invitation to the black hats who
>greatly outnumber Americans and a pathetic few hundred "coalition"
>forces Bush assembled for propaganda purposes. If an incompetent
>"Commander-In-Chief" chooses to lose a war, he loses it---it is that simple
>

>Iraqi intelligence offers insights into insurgency
>January 10, 2005
>It didn't get much play here, but if what the head of Iraq's internal
>intelligence services told foreign media is correct, we suddenly have a
>much better idea of why the United States is having such a hard time
>quelling the chaos in Iraq.

<snip>

>He told the Times of London that "the resistance is bigger than the U.S.
>military in Iraq. I think the resistance is more than 200,000 people."
>He pegged the number of trained insurgents at 40,000 or more.

And who can blame them? A Western country mandating that an Eastern
country try a brand of government that they don't believe in or want is a
huge mistake. I'm sure that if Iraq came into our country and for our own
good made us be a theocracy and have women cover their heads and behave as
a second class citizen as their women do, we'd have a problem with
insurgents too! We are occupying a country, pure and simple. The leader,
though there will be an election, will be hand-picked by the Bush
administration. It isn't a truly free election in that case.

And secondly, if we are going to fight a true war we need to know our
"enemy". Our "enemy" cares very little if we kill him, his wife, or his
children. He knows that in case of death his family will go to Allah. He
also doesn't value his wife or children like Western folks do. He has an
entirely different belief system. Now, if we threatened that if he didn't
comply his religious places would be blown to smithereens, he'd comply
because he doesn't want to offend Allah. Yes, it is a matter of the Bush
administration fighting a war based on the flip side of the Golden Rule of:
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" instead of fighting a
war based on the idea of "Know your enemy".

In any case, why are we there? We have gotten rid of the monster we went
in for, found that their arms were not anywhere to be seen....when will we
quit occupying a country whose ways we don't know, while pretending to give
them "freedom" and "democracy"?

Bah.

Best wishes,
Melody