homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so.

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so.
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:09:32 -0700

At 08:28 AM 1/10/05 -0700, you wrote:

>>The Iraq war goes badly, will continue to do so---because El Estupido
>>hasn't got enough boots on the ground, or eyes in the sky.---not in
>>Baghdad, not in the Sunni Triangle, and not along the Syrian, Iranian or
>>any other Iraqi border---an open invitation to the black hats who greatly
>>outnumber Americans and a pathetic few hundred "coalition" forces Bush
>>assembled for propaganda purposes. If an incompetent "Commander-In-Chief"
>>chooses to lose a war, he loses it---it is that simple
>
>How many foreign invasion troops would it take to keep proud Americans
>submissive? No army is that big.

No foreign troops could do that, but it would take our own government
offering bread and circuses, or in our case: health care, food stamps,
housing programs, and all the rest. All seeming very charitable and kind
natured, until you realize that the cat is only playing with the
mouse..trying to get it to come to the cheese and eat so that the cat can
get it in its paws. Most politicians love the power they have over the
masses and will do what it takes to vote themselves more power. Like the
cat, they use tactics to take the unsuspecting mouse by surprise, because
over the years the mouse's suspicion of the cat has changed to instead
think how wonderful the cat is... this is a cat you can trust to take care
of the mice! He would never hurt us.

It was a stupid, arrogant and immoral
>invasion. Well over a thousand Americans have been killed and who knows how
>many more bodies and lives ruined because of the arrogance of a few men.
>This is the third large stupid war we have fought in my lifetime. I
>fervently hope that future presidents will heed the lessons of Korea, Viet
>Nam and Iraq.

It will never end. It is too great a way to get more power at the federal
level and makes for a great smoke screen. Make the people think that it is
for their own good that the government takes away basic rights, this time
in the form of privacy invasions on a massive level and they have more
power over the masses.

Think of the _Sound of Music_, which was based on the true story of the Von
Trapp Family. Remember Rolph's response to Captain Von Trapp when Captian
Von Trapp asks Rolph (who knew exactly what the Captain's telegram said),
"What ever happened to mail being private?" "We make it our business to
know everything," Rolph retorts.

And my family cringes when I say that we are living a country whose form of
government is very similar to that of pre-Nazi Germany.....

Best wishes,
Melody