homestead - Re: [Homestead] Schwartzenazi

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Schwartzenazi
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:19:38 -0800

At 11/17/2004, you wrote:
Would someone please convince me that "borrow and spend" is better than "tax and spend."

It is if you have the money to loan or your 'long term view' is to next week. We seem to be a society who's 'long term view' is next week...

Well over 43% of our national debt is carried by foreign interests but they are starting to turn away because of the decline in the dollar. The dollar against the Euro is at its lowest ever and still dropping. The Yen is being held in place by massive purchasing of dollars by the Bank of Tokyo. Our balance of trade is passing historical highs and green span has to increase rates to attract more foreign money. The dummy & co tax cuts have made tax free bonds much less attractive than ever before. And then the price of Gold has gone up more than 10% in the last several months and it at near historic highs at about $435.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com