homestead - Re: [Homestead] Daniel and taxes again

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Daniel and taxes again
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:15:59 -0700

I am sure you are aware that quite a few others reciting the same legal precedents as you do, but chose to become highly visible to the IRS. found to their sorrow that they had to pay taxes---any taxes assessed by the Feds, States, Counties and Municipalities, Water Authorities et.al. or have their property seized, and in the case of the Federal Income Tax , the high-profile dum-dum,s get free rent in a Federal Prison.

Again and again someone who thinks they are smarter than the rest of us quotes arcane law to show that they don't have to pay income taxes and, by implication, that we are stupid to do so. And again and again, if the IRS chooses to go after them, they end up broke or in prison or both.

I don't like taxes more than anyone else. I also don't like tax cheats. Tax cheats force law-abiding citizens to pay the cheats' share. If we condone dishonesty in those we know on a personal level, then we have no authority to condemn dishonesty in public figures.