homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:44:54 -0400

How accurate was accurate when the Electoral College gave it the Presidency >when Al Gore had more Americans' votes ?

Last night late on the radio (yes, I should have known better) there was a bit done by someone "News from the Bar" where the "reporter" was using only bar patrons as news sources

"Hello, this is (whoever) reporting from the bar and ... ah ... this guy I was playing fussball with here said that no way is Kerry going to be elected because Bush senior is, like, head of the Illuminati and has all the voting machines rigged."

Along those lines did you know that precinct for precinct many, many more square miles of voters voted for Bush than for Gore? It's a fact. And it carries just exactly as much weight and importance as the popular vote ... that is, none.

James