homestead - Re: [Homestead] Without A Doubt

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Without A Doubt
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 06:52:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/04 12:22:55 PM, lurine AT softcom.net writes:

<< Well, history shows us that crusades and crusaders don't win anything.
AND,

history also shows us that crusades leave behind bankrupt countries.

So, perhaps we don't need/can't afford to have a "crusader" run the country

anymore into the ground that he already has.

Lynda >>

Hmm,
As you seem to think the US is a Crusader and that we leave bankrupt
countries, could you explain our record of rebuilding those we have defeated?
Japan
and Germany leap to mind, and most recently Afghanistan is making great
strides following our actions there. I just don't see us, or this conflict
that
way. If you can show me that we, or Bush if you prefer are forcing the Iraqi
people into Christianity or killing them if they don't comply, then I will
agree
with you.

Drew