homestead - RE: [Homestead] Without A Doubt

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Without A Doubt
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 06:30:48 -0700

I have a lot of faith, but I just don't see an American administration
running the government based on faith alone. I've been under the impression that God wants us to use the gift of reason and inquiry He gave us to figure out what we should do, not to set a course and assume it's what He wanted.

Am I wrong?

You are right. Faith is personal belief and therefore is always right for the individual who feels it. What is off putting about faith is when it is used to demand that others share the same. Each of us has our own faith and must respect each other's unique beliefs. History is full of those claiming the gods spoke to them and that others should follow their lead. Beware.