homestead - [Homestead] Speaking of Bread, was Black Russian Bread Addendum,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Speaking of Bread, was Black Russian Bread Addendum,
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:05:10 -0700

O.K., all you bakers out there. Any of you bake where the heat is dry, the
winters COLD (snow) and are at elevations around 3,000'?

I've always lived within a hundred feet of sea level and with an average
amount of humidity and with temps never hitting zero or even close and temps
rarely going beyond 90 (last 10 years never going beyond 70).

Now, my bread baking skills are gaged to that type of climate and sea level.
Before I kill too many loaves, anyone do anything too different from the
standard "works at sea level" old cookbooks (my bread recipes are my
grandmother's)?

Lynda

P.S. Tvo, now you've got me digging out my old handwritten recipes that
were given to me by the Russian couple I worked for as a teenager.