homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 15:22:43 -0700

Toni Hawryluk wrote:

There is some resurgence. Fixing 60s era auto radios can keep one
busy. The knowledge to trouble shoot those old transistor circuits is fading fast and the people who are restoring to 100 points need working radios. I have (name completely escapes me) the schematics for many Delco >

Radios, most of which can be tested with only a VOM. Yes, I know how to
test and repair tube and transistors circuits. Don Bowen

How about 40s-50s home radios ? My Ma's ole wooden clunker - that I still listen to on
weekends - needs tubes - does anyone still manufacture an assortment of tubes ?

Toni

tvoivozhd, some years back I ran across a Polish manufacturer of vacuum tubes, don't know if the jarket is good enough for them to stick around---though it is nice to have a noncompetitive niche. A search will probably tell you what happened.