homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ancient Ham Radio Gear - Was survival plan
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 05:41:19 -0700

At 9/28/2004, you wrote:
I had lots of fun with those. Later when I hung
out my shingle as a bench technician (now there's a dead trade!) I built all
the Heathkit test equipment and just threw away some of it not a month ago.

There is some resurgence. Fixing 60s era auto radios can keep one busy. The knowledge to trouble shoot those old transistor circuits is fading fast and the people who are restoring to 100 points need working radios. I have (name completely escapes me) the schematics for many Delco Radios, most of which can be tested with only a VOM. Yes, I know how to test and repair tube and transistors circuits.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com